Not everyone likes it, I love it: Chia pudding. I used to think that the pudding would take several hours to soak. But in the meantime I’ve noticed that if the ratio between milk and chia seeds is right, then it works within 10 minutes!
Since it’s so quick and easy, I also like to make this pudding for breakfast during the week, even though one usually really is short in time.
For the chia pudding
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 125g coconut yogurt
- 65g chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
For the apple-berry sauce
- 1 apple, diced
- 50g frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Start by chopping the apple. Then heat the apple in a saucepan with a little water. Be careful not to add more than a few tablespoons of water.
- After about 15-20 minutes you can add the frozen berries and simmer on low for another 10 minutes.
- At the same time, you can mix the coconut milk with the coconut yoghurt and then slowly stir in the chia seeds.
- Add the maple syrup and stir every few minutes.
- After about 10 minutes it should be thickened to a slimy mass.
- Now take the apple and berry mixture from the stove and mash it with a fork. Add the cinnamon and stir again.
- Now you can fill a glass with chia pudding and decorate with a small bit of apple and berry sauce.
If you don't always want to add the apple and berry sauce, you can either prepare it in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week or simply decorate it with coconut yoghurt and desiccated coconut or mix in a spoonful of jam.
Thank you for trying my recipe! Your "Nellie" from travel + free ♥ ️